Friday, September 2, 2011

Joy Pockets



Seeing the first signs of fall

showing my art to fellow artists and hearing their excitement

discovering a Japanese tea gardens a few blocks from my house. I have lived this close to such a beautiful sanctuary for 20 years and didn't know it!

having my camera at the Japanese tea garden and taking some fun shots

loving my new zoom lens

throwing out some target shelves and replacing them with a beautiful antique cabinet

reading one book after another to my insistence two and three-quarter year old grandson

singing to my grandson and having he and my daughter clap

watching wonderful turtles doing their thing in the koi and turtle pond at the tea garden

preparing to celebrate my daughter's birthday tomorrow



joy pockets

3 comments:

  1. Just this weekend I've noticed the leaves beginning to change - hello, autumn! The tea garden sounds amazing. I love antiques, and, if I have the choice, will always choose them over new.

    Happy birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tea garden is such a groovy find! and so near you. i would love that so much, especially being a tea lover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that turtle shot. their little legs are so cute!

    ReplyDelete