Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Personal In Home Cafe

I often talk about hummingbird cafe and many of my friends think that I actually own a cafe but this is what happened to my son's room on the weekend that my two sons moved out. I cleaned, pulled up the only remaining carpet in the house to reveal wood floors, painted, decorated and named my cafe. My honey made the awning and I hung the open sign and my friends started to visit my cafe on a regular basis. We have had gatherings in the cafe after a small intimate dinner party, and we drank wine and played the guitar, talked about jazz and once we even brought art to share. It is a wonderful space where my honey and I often eat Sunday breakfast or just sit for tea and conversation.


I just keep buying teapots and tea cups!

see the door with the photos of all of the visitors to my cafe

10 comments:

  1. this is amazing! i love that you turned this room into your own cozy little cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the colors and it looks so inviting, what a great idea of the photos in the room.Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful space!!!! I wish I could visit for a cup of tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time you are in the san Francisco bay area, come on by for tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely + warm space! i can almost hear the music, laughter + warm coversation :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyone that believes books are like family members, has stolen my heart. I love what you have done here, what a fabulous idea. We all need that place in our house where our soul is free and happy. Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, how did I miss your visit to my blog, thank you so much for your kind words!!

      Delete